Required fields are marked *.
- “Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future!”
- “Where should one use perfume?” a young woman asked. “Wherever one wants to be kissed.”
- “It’s probably not just by chance that I’m alone. It would be very hard for a man to live with me, unless he’s terribly strong. And if he’s stronger than I, I’m the one who can’t live with him. … I’m neither smart nor stupid, but I don’t think I’m a run-of-the-mill person. I’ve been in business without being a businesswoman, I’ve loved without being a woman made only for love. The two men I’ve loved, I think, will remember me, on earth or in heaven, because men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness. I’ve done my best, in regard to people and to life, without precepts, but with a taste for justice.”
- “Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.”
- “In order to be irreplaceacle, one must always be different.”